Installing the Klocwork Server package on Windows
|In this topic:|
Installing the Klocwork Server package on Windows
This page provides instructions for installing the Klocwork Server package using the installation wizard. For instructions on unattended installation of both the Klocwork Server and desktop analysis plugins, see Unattended installation on Windows.
Your users can install the desktop analysis plug-ins from the product portal ("pull" installation) or, if your organization is set up for it, you can install the clients for your users in an unattended ("push") installation through a Software Management System (SMS) or similar system.
Before you begin
Upgrading? See Upgrading from a previous version.
Where do I get the software?
Download the packages from Klocwork Support. Typically, only one or two users in an organization have access to the Klocwork technical support portal. If you don't have access, you can register for a new account.
You need a license. See Getting a license if you don't already have one.
Running two versions of the Klocwork Servers
If you will be running two sets of the Klocwork Servers, for example to test the Klocwork 2021.1 Servers while users continue to access your existing servers, you must run them on different projects_root directories (and set the ports appropriately).
- Administrator access is required to install all Windows packages, whether using the installation wizard or unattended installation.
- You must have administrator access to install the Klocwork Server.
- You must have administrator permissions to start the Klocwork Servers (and to run the Klocwork Servers as Windows Services).
Installation using the Windows installation wizard
Run the Klocwork Server installation wizard, following the prompts. Note the following:
- During installation, one or more Visual C++ Runtime redistributable packages may be installed on your computer. Depending on your operating system, a reboot may be required at the end of the installation.
- The installation package automatically detects whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system and installs the appropriate JVM.
- If your system locale is Japanese, the installation package runs in Japanese. Otherwise, it runs in English.
- In the Setup Type dialog, you can choose a complete or custom installation. The complete option installs all program features, and is the typical installation. If you choose custom, you can choose a Klocwork Servers Only option. The Klocwork Servers and Build Tools option is the same as the complete installation.
- You'll be asked where you want to create the projects_root directory, which is the data location for the Klocwork Servers and applications. It contains Klocwork Server settings and information about integration projects and build analysis runs. It also stores the Klocwork license file. The default location is <server_install>\projects_root. CAUTION:Do not install the Server package and the projects_root directory in the Program Files directory. Default security settings for Windows and Windows Server restrict writing to files in the Program Files directory.
- You can specify server port information during installation in the Set up Klocwork servers dialog to override the default settings. See Viewing and changing Klocwork server settings for more information about ports.
- During installation, you specify whether you want to use the locally installed License Server (Local) or connect to a remote License Server (Remote). Local, the default option, requires you to browse to your license file. If you select Remote, you must specify the host name and port number for your License Server.
- You also have the option of starting the Klocwork Servers as Windows services automatically following installation. If you do not select this option, you need to start the servers manually following installation.
- For information about setting up a secure connection to the Klocwork Server, see Using a secure Klocwork Server connection.
Installing the License Server on a separate host
kw-server-installer.21.1.x.x.windows.exe /w /S /v"/qn /norestart INSTALLDIR=<local_directory> ADDLOCAL=LicenseServer,JRE"where:
- <local_directory> specifies the directory in which you want to install the License Server.
Note on the Path environment variable
On Windows, the Klocwork bin directory is automatically added to your Path environment variable as follows:
|Installation package||Environment variable modified||Value used|
|Desktop Analysis Tools||System Path||<desktop_analysis_tool_install>\bin|
Log files for Windows installation
An installation log file is saved to the Temp directory of Local Settings whenever one of the Klocwork installation packages is started on Windows. For example, on Windows 10, the installation log file is saved to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Local\Temp.
These log files are named Klocwork<release>-<package>.log . For example, the installation log file for the Klocwork 2021.1 Server package is named Klocwork2021.1-Server.log.
A logs directory is also created in the root Klocwork installation directory during installation. For the Server installer, for example, the log files in this directory store kwservice output when the servers are first started and the projects_root directory is initialized.
Start the servers
To start the servers, use Windows Services Administration or kwservice start:
kwservice --projects-root <projects_root> start
where <projects_root> is the projects_root directory you specified during installation
kwservice --projects-root C:\klocwork\projects_root start
Log in to Klocwork Static Code Analysis
username: jsmith password: <empty>For more details on security and authentication methods, see Security and permissions.