Cannot connect to server - server is not available
When you see the message, "Cannot connect to server: Server at 'http(s)://<host>:<port> is not available: Connection refused," it means that:
- the Klocwork Server may be down, or
- the Klocwork Server host and port information may be inaccurate, or
- your network is down
The above message displays for Klocwork Desktop, IDE plug-in and kwcheck users when your connected desktop project fails to synchronize with the server project. Synchronization problems are indicated with this icon: . Mousing over the icon displays the sync error message.
- Your first step is to see if it's a network problem. Try connecting to your internet or intranet.
- If you have access, verify your current Klocwork Server host and port settings. Accessing this information varies depends on the Klocwork developer tool you're using.
- If you're certain that the information is correct, then it's possible that the Klocwork Server is down. Here's the link for server startup instructions: Managing the Klocwork Servers. But if you don't have the permissions necessary to do this, you're going to have to bug your Klocwork administrator again.
You'll know Connected desktop and synchronization is working again when you see the Project is synchronized icon.