To avoid duplicate entries in the Windows Control Panel and incorrect plug-in version numbers in your IDEs, uninstall the current version of Klocwork before downgrading to a previous version.
Before you uninstall
If you will be modifying or uninstalling a Server package or connected desktop installation, you must stop the Klocwork Servers first. See Stopping the Klocwork Servers.
If you are uninstalling the Server package, in addition to stopping the servers, you should also make a backup copy of your projects_root directory and any configuration files you modified, such as kwfilter.conf). For Linux and Windows, compiler configuration files are located in <server_install>/config. For more information about backing up data, see Backing up Klocwork data.
While the Windows version of the Klocwork Server package won't uninstall the projects_root directory or configuration files, it's a good idea to make a backup of these directories. For Linux systems, there is no automated uninstall, so make sure you back up your projects_root and any other data files you want to keep and store them outside your Server installation directory. Then you can delete the Server installation directory.
Viewing installed components or modifying your installation on Windows
Use the procedure below if you want to remove one or more Klocwork components, or if you need to check what components are currently installed. For example, if you need to uninstall Klocwork before installing a new version, you should check what components are currently installed before uninstalling, so that you can install the same components for the new version.
To view installed components or partially uninstall Klocwork:
- In the Start menu, go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs .
- Windows: From the Control Panel window, under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- Scroll to and click the Server or desktop plug-in you want information on.
- To find information about patches, make sure the Show updates checkbox is selected at the top of the Add or Remove Programs panel.
- Windows 7: Click View installed updates in the upper left.
- The installed patches will be displayed under the Klocwork installation package entry.
- Click Change.
- Windows 7: Right-click the Klocwork installation package and select Change.
- The Welcome screen for the Modification wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- The Program Maintenance panel appears.
- Select Modify and click Next.
- The Custom Setup screen appears. Click through it to see what components (features) are installed. Note: This symbol indicates a component that is installed:
- If you are simply viewing installed components:
- Record which components are installed.
- Click Cancel.
- Click Yes when asked if you are sure.
- Click Finish.
- If you want to uninstall certain components, or install components you did not previously install:
- For the components you want to uninstall, click This feature will not be available.
- For the components you want to install, clickThis feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive.
- Click Next.
- The Ready to Modify the Program screen appears.
- Click Install.
- The features you selected will be modified.
- Click Finish.
Uninstalling Klocwork from a Windows machine
To remove a Klocwork software package:
- From the Start menu, click All Programs > Klocwork 2019.2.
- Select the uninstaller for the component that you want to uninstall.
Uninstalling in unattended mode on Windows
To run uninstallation in unattended mode from a Windows machine, enter the following command:
<installer.exe> /S /v"/qn REMOVE=ALL"
where <installer.exe> is the package you want to uninstall
An uninstallation log file will be saved to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp. The log file is named Klocwork<release>-<package>.log. For example, the uninstallation log file for the Klocwork 2019.2 Server package is named Klocwork19.2-Server.log.
Uninstalling on Linux
Viewing installed components on a Linux machine
If you are upgrading to a new version of Klocwork, check what components are currently installed before uninstalling, so that you can install the same components from the new version.
To list installed components (features), run the following command:
kwupdate [option ...] --list
See kwupdate for the full list of options.
To uninstall on Linux, simply delete the Server package and/or desktop plug-in package installation directory.
Uninstalling on Mac
To uninstall, delete the following directories:
/Applications/Klocwork User 2019.2
To uninstall the Klocwork plug-in from Eclipse:
|Eclipse 3.4||Eclipse 3.5 and up|
When you're prompted to restart Eclipse, click Yes.
Once Eclipse restarts, the Klocwork buttons and menu items are no longer present. If you haven't uninstalled the Klocwork desktop analysis plug-in for Eclipse, your Klocwork projects remain in their storage location.
- Go to File > Settings.
- Under IDE Settings, click Plugins.
- Right-click Klocwork for Java in IntelliJ IDEA and select Uninstall.
- Close IntelliJ IDEA.
- Restart IntelliJ IDEA to confirm the removal by ensuring that the Klocwork button has been removed.
Klocwork extension for Visual Studio
- In Visual Studio, click Help > Add and Remove Help Content.
- For the Klocwork Desktop Plugin, click Remove.
- Click Update and then close the Help Viewer.
- In Visual Studio, go to Tools > Extensions and Updates.
- In the list of Installed items, find Klocwork Static Analysis and click Uninstall.
- Restart Visual Studio in order for the changes to take effect.