Continuous integration and Klocwork analysis
|In this topic:|
You’re already using Klocwork to create more secure and reliable software. Klocwork’s Continuous Integration (CI) capability enables your organization to identify and communicate errors faster, without waiting for nightly builds. By identifying and communicating issues faster, developers can fix problematic code earlier.
As developers update and commit code, the CI build system picks up the changes and performs many small, incremental builds throughout the day. Instead of waiting for nightly builds, Klocwork CI analyzes the new code and notifies developers of problems right away. Here’s an overview of the process:
- Developers make changes to the code and commit them.
- The CI build system detects the changes and builds the software.
- Klocwork CI analyzes the changes and generates a list of new and fixed issues in JSON format.
- The CI build system analyzes the results and takes action, depending on your process.
Klocwork CI supports the following:
- Jenkins, TeamCity, or any CI build system that supports command line and scripts.
- Windows and Linux agents/slaves