Handling a long list of issues
The CVS project we're using as an example has 585 open issues. It would be difficult to investigate this many issues at once. There are several ways to make investigation easier:
- Views: Hover over the currently selected view and select another view if available, or select Manage views to go to the list of views for the current project. See Customizing your view of the integration build analysis.
- Searches: Pick a different search from the Searches list or edit the search query. See Searching in Static Code Analysis for details on search syntax.
- SmartRank: Turn on SmartRank to view the issues we highly recommend. See Using SmartRank to prioritize issues.
- Sorting: You can sort by ID, severity, state, status, code, file, entity or owner.
- Issue grouping: Issues that are related are automatically sorted into a group, indicated by an icon like this: . See Issue grouping for more details.
If your Klocwork Server is set up for email notification, you can receive an email when a new issue appears after a system build or when another Klocwork user assigns you an issue.