Installing the IntelliJ IDEA/Android Studio/CLion plugins
To install the Klocwork Desktop Analysis plugin(s) for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and/or CLion:
- Download the applicable Klocwork Desktop tools package (kw-desktop-tools.<version>.<platform>.zip) from Support downloads.
You'll need to log in to the site using your Rogue Wave Support Center user ID and password. If you do not currently have a Rogue Wave Support Center user ID and password, you'll need to register as a new user. You need to have active maintenance to access this page.Note: You can download the zip package directly from the Downloads section in the Klocwork Portal if your administrator has deployed the desktop analysis plug-ins. See Downloading and deploying the desktop analysis plug-ins for more information.
- Once downloaded, unzip the package into your preferred location.
- In IntelliJ IDEA/Android Studio/CLion, click File > Settings and select Plugins.
- Click the icon and select Install Plugin from Disk...
- Navigate to the downloaded zip package and select OK. The zip packages for each plugin are as follows:
Package Applicable IDE kw-idea-plugin.zip IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio kw-clion-plugin.zip CLion
- The plugin (for example, 'Klocwork Static Analysis for CLion') now appears in your plugins list. Select Restart IDE to complete the installation.
Configuring your system settings (CLion only)
Prerequisite: The Klocwork Command Line tools (kw-cmd-installer*) must be installed.
- In CLion, click File > Settings.
- Under Tools, select Klocwork System Settings.
- Under Klocwork User Installation, navigate to the location of your Build Tools and click Apply.
- After the Build Tools location is specified, the fields under Klocwork Server URL and Klocwork License Server are populated automatically if they are blank. If these fields were previously defined, you need to update them manually to the expected value(s).
Note: If you are using SSL authentication, ensure the Server URL is using 'https'.
- Continuous Analysis is enabled by default; remove this option if you prefer to run analysis on demand.