Installing the Klocwork plug-in from the Eclipse update site
Prerequisite: Your Eclipse IDE must be running under JVM 1.7 or higher before installing the Klocwork plugin.
To install the Klocwork Desktop Analysis plug-in for Eclipse, follow the steps below.
- In the Klocwork product portal, under Downloads, click Eclipse update site.
- Copy the URL.
- Open Eclipse.
- Follow the instructions according to the version of Eclipse you're using:
- For Eclipse 3.4, go to Help > Software Updates.
- For Eclipse 3.5 or newer, go to Help > Install New Software.
- For Wind River Workbench prior to version 4.0, select the Advanced Device Development perspective (the button near the upper right) to access Help > Software Updates.
- In the Install dialog, paste the URL into the Work with: field and press Enter.
- Select the Klocwork Tools check box.
- If you use Wind River Workbench, click the arrow next to the Wind River Workbench Integrations check box and then select the appropriate Klocwork Wind River Workbench Integration:
- Select the Klocwork Wind River Workbench 3 Integration check box for Wind River version 3.
- Select the Klocwork Wind River Workbench 4 Integration check box for Wind River version 4.
- Click Next and the wizard will guide you through the rest of the installation process.
- When you are prompted to restart Eclipse, click Yes.