Releasing stuck licenses
A stuck license is a checked-out license that has not been returned to the pool of available licenses when one of the Klocwork tools terminates unexpectedly. If a Klocwork tool has one or more licenses checked out and it terminates, these licenses may not be checked back in automatically.
To release a stuck license, use the FlexNet Publisher utility lmremove. It is installed with the Klocwork Server package.
From <server_install>/3rdparty/bin, run:
lmremove -c <license_file_list> <feature> <user> <user_host> <display>
- <license_file_list> specifies the license file(s)
- <feature> is the name of the feature checked out by the user
- <user> is the name of the user whose license you are releasing
- <user_host> is the name of the host the user is logged into
- <display> is the name of the display where the user is working
lmremove removes all instances of user on user_host and display from usage of feature.
Note that in addition to releasing a stuck license, lmremove starts, but does not override, the license's linger time.