Ports used by the Klocwork servers
The following table shows the default port numbers for a new installation of the Klocwork servers:
|License Server||27000 plus 33133|
|Klocwork Server||8080 plus 8081|
The default port for each server is the typical port for that type of server. For example, port 3306 is the typical port for a MariaDB server. So, if you will be using the default ports, ensure that you are not already running other servers on these ports. Similarly, you can choose to use alternative ports to the defaults, but first ensure that the ports you choose are not already in use.
When the Klocwork servers are running behind a firewall, you must configure the firewall to allow client communication to the servers. However, not all ports need to be exposed:
- The Klocwork Server uses two consecutive ports: the one you choose, plus the next one. The second Klocwork Server port, which is port 8081 by default, is the port on which the server listens for requests to stop the server. In many cases, this port does not need to be accessible through a firewall. For more information about the Tomcat shutdown port, see the Apache Tomcat 7 documentation.
- The database port does not need to be exposed unless you are importing data from this server to a server that is outside of the firewall.
- If you migrated from a previous version of Klocwork, your servers will be running on the ports stored in the old projects_root.
- Each Klocwork server must run on a dedicated port. Do not set any other application to use the same port numbers.
- If port 33133 is not available for use by the License Server, see Changing the vendor daemon port in your license file.
For more information about setting your ports, see Setting the ports used by the Klocwork servers.