Creating a post-checkin code review on the command line
If you prefer to do post-checkin code reviews with Code Review on the command line, you can use our kwscm utility. You can use this command with any of our supported SCM's.
To run the command for your SCM, you simply need to specify the command along with any revisions you want to add into your history. You can also specify some commands native to your SCM. To see which options are supported for your SCM, see Kwscm
The following is an example of what the command would look like if you were to submit a code review on the command line using SVN:
kwscm --url http://server01:8080/zlib svn --revision rev4:rev8 http://devserver/svn/myproject
In this example:
- server01 is the Klocwork Server host
- 8080 is the Klocwork Server port
- zlib is the project
- svn specifies that you are using SVN as your SCM. Any options included after specifying this are SCM specific options.
- rev4:rev8 specifies new revisions that you are loading into your history.
- http://devserver/svn/myproject specifies the path to your SVN repository.