Setting up a pre-checkin code review
Now that you've installed Code Review and have installed the plug-in for your preferred IDE, it is time to set up a pre-checkin code review from Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or Visual Studio. For other environments, you use the command line. See kwcodereview.
In a pre-checkin code review, Code Review compares locally modified source code with the version checked out of source control and sends the diff to the Klocwork Server for further review.
- You need to install a Klocwork Desktop Analysis plugin.
- You must have a project under version control in your IDE.
- You must have a locally checked out working copy.
- The Klocwork Server must be running.
- To view and cite detected issues as part of your code review, your project must be connected (server host/port and server project name must be set).