Creating a pre-checkin code review on the command line
If you prefer to do pre-checkin code reviews with Code Review on the command line, you can use our kwcodereview utility. You can use this command with any of our supported SCM's.
To run the command for your SCM, you simply need to specify the command along with several options such as adding reviewers, specifying a message and adding any tags. You can also specify commands native to your SCM. To see which options are supported for your SCM, see Kwcodereview.
The following is an example of what the command would look like if you were to submit a code review on the command line using SVN.
kwcodereview --url http://server01:8080/zlib --message "Fix for PR55555" --reviewer fbrown,jblack --tags myTag1,myTag2 svn .
In this example:
- server01 is the Klocwork Server host
- 8080 is the Klocwork Server port
- zlib is the project name
- "Fix for PR55555" is the message that will be displayed with the code review in Code Review
- fbrown,jblack are the reviewers you want to invite to your code review. If a username contains a space, you must surround it in quotes.Note: The user must have already logged in to Klocwork in order to invite them to a code review.
- myTag1,myTag2 are the tags you want assigned to your code review. If a tag contains any spaces, you must surround it in quotes. Tags are case insensitive.
- svn specifies that you are using SVN as your SCM. Any options included after specifying this are SCM specific options.
- . specifies the path to your SVN repository. In this example, specifying a '.' will run kwcodereview from our current location.