Creating a code review from your IDE
- Start your code review.
- Eclipse: Right-click the project or the file(s) you want to submit for a code review in the Project Explorer and select Create Code Review.
- IntelliJ IDEA: Right-click the project or the file(s) you want to submit for a code review in the Project Tool window or the Changes Tool window (on the Local tab) and select Create Code Review.
- Visual Studio: Right-click the solution, the project or the file(s) you want to submit for a code review in the Solution Explorer and select Create Code Review.
- The Create Code Review dialog appears.
- Enter the message that will appear with your code review in Klocwork.
- Add the names of your reviewers, if you want.Note: The user must already exist on the Klocwork Server in order to invite them to a code review.
- Add one or more tags to the code review, if you want. Note that tags are case insensitive. Note: You will also see a Link to field next to tags, which you can ignore for now. This is used for sending a fixed code review. See Fixing and re-submitting your code review
- In the project tree, you can exclude files or directories from the selection (but only if you selected more than one file in step 2).
- Click Submit.
A URL is displayed in the Create Code Review dialog that you can use to access your code review in Klocwork. If you get an error after trying to submit your code review, see Failed to create code review-Problems not synchronized with server-exiting.
- Go to Participating in code reviews to learn how to view the code review you just set up and monitor any actions and comments participants add to your code review.
- Make sure you subscribe to feeds in Code Review to be notified about comments, actions or whether your code review has been approved or rejected.
- To search for code reviews you've created, you can use the 'revision' keyword. For more information on search, see Using Keywords to filter search results